23 May 2017

Tiga Puteri

Assalamualaikum.
12.16 am, 23/5/2017

For this entry, I'm going to talk about my last Sunday's activity: hiking. Actually it is not my first time hiking. Probably the third time... I don't even remember. Haha. But it feels like first time tho. Dah banyak kali sebenarnya plan nak panjat Tiga Puteri dengan Haziqah. But our time clashes every time. Finally, Haziqah dah panjat dulu dengan geng hiking dia and I'm still with my ambition to climb Tiga Puteri but cannot find time. Until last Friday, got a text from kak Ter. She said she wanted to climb Tiga Puteri on Saturday but due to some circumstances, we had to postponed our plan to Sunday. On Sunday at 8 o'clock in the morning, we went to Kota Damansara Community Forest accompanied by my brothers.

Basically, Tiga Puteri have five trails : Scout, Temuan, Sahabat, Denai Tiga Puteri & Unity.

Not too hard for the first four trails until we arrived at Unity trail. Dekat Unity, jalan dah banyak berbukit curam. But Alhamdulillah, boleh ditempuhi untuk amatur macam aku. A few things that I experienced / observed masa pergi hiking last Sunday which never happened during my previous hiking.

1. Bila jumpa hiker lain, they will greet us with 'hi', 'good morning' or 'assalamualaikum'.
2. Mostly yang hiking semalam adalah golongan tua yang pangkat atuk nenek aku. I was so amazed and impressed.
3. Just wondering, how a cyclist cycle in the woods ? They are so tough weh. Really leaves me in an awe.
4. Lost. One of my brother said the word 'Sesat' which that word is something like you cannot said when you are in the woods. And yeah, we lost for real after that. Luckily found our way back. Fuhhh.

Lastly, I want to share some tips for first timer or amateur hiker like me:-

1. Bring a stick.

I was planning to brought a stick but in the end...... hmmmm.....

2. Don't wear any make up (for girls).

Yeah, I put on some light make up yesterday because I don't want to look so pale. But in the end I wipe off my face because of sweat and rain.

3. Check the weather first before you hike.

Tak sangka semalam hujan. Bila dah nak sampai ke puncak tu la tetiba hujan turun dengan lebatnya. Tapi gagahkan jua diri nak naik sampai ke puncak w/pun masa tu ada rasa nak patah balik.

4. Take a heavy breakfast.

For real, I had my breakfast before I went for hike. But I never thought it is not sufficient. Almost fainted when I almost arrived the peak. Fortunately I brought some chocolate and gain my energy back after that.

5. Safety aids.

I almost fell as well. But then it made me think, maybe for next time, at least I should brought plaster, bandage and ointment.

For conclusion, what you need to bring in your backpack are (for a short distance hike):
- Water (at least 1 litre)
- Food (can be chocolate, bread or cereal)
- Safety aids (plaster, bandage and ointment)
- Towel / tissue
- Purse with money
- Stick

That's all from me. Bye.









No comments:

Post a Comment